Who is the PHL Pride Collective?
- A group of LGBTQ+ community members dedicated to reimagining an inclusive PHL Pride
- We’re committed to centering the voices of Trans and Black and Brown folks in our work
- You can see all our points of unity, like our commitment to have no cops at Pride, on our website
How can we keep track of what’s going on with the Collective?
- Website: https://www.phlpridecollective.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PHLPrideCollective
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/PHLPrideCollective
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/PHLPrideUpdates
- Email: email@example.com
Why the first weekend of June?
- We’re excited to kick off Pride month with a Black and Brown, queer and trans focused Pride
- We wanted to avoid long standing scheduling conflicts with other Prides and community events in Philly
Why a march?
- Pride events pay homage to the Stonewall riots, which were not a parade
- The first Pride event organized in Philadelphia in 1972 was a march
- We want to return Pride to the activists roots that made progress for LGBTQ+ communities
What about the parade?
- We are considering a floated parade in October for National Coming Out Day celebrations
Why no cops at pride?
- We know police violence disproportionately affects Black and Brown, queer and trans people.
- A police presence does not make the most marginalized in our communities feel safe
- We are dedicated to developing alternative forms of community safety
How can people support PHL Pride Collective?
- Donate to our GoFundMe campaign
- Subscribe to our email list
- Follow us on social media
- Sign up to volunteer on our website
Is the Collective accepting more members?
- Folks can join a committee, including
- Finance & Fundraising
- Logistics & Entertainment
- Marketing Communications
- Safety & Medical
- Volunteer Outreach
- Sign up on our website at https://www.phlpridecollective.org/join or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get involved
Does the Collective need more money?
- Yes, hosting Pride events requires resources.
- If you have a potential funder or donor opportunity, please contact us at https://www.phlpridecollective.org/contact or email email@example.com
How can I help spread the word?
- Hashtag #PHLPRIDE